Sunday, April 7, 2013

What the project is


What It Is (What It Be Like)

In early 2013, as part of my Public Library Administration independent study for my MLIS program at the University of Oklahoma-School of Library & Information Studies, I asked 12 library employees at the Tulsa City-County Library, including myself, to keep track of 3 to 5 “small good things” per week for the entire month of March. These “small good things” were anything that they’d experienced in the library that were positive or made them feel positive, particularly as it related to the library’s services and administration. (I'll explain why in a later entry.) The employees ranged from front-line public services staff to managers to behind-the-scenes support staff. I’ve used pseudonyms for these employees in my reflections.

I collected these “small good thing” stories, analyzed them using general categories that the late Dr. Connie Van Fleet used in her Public Library Administration class syllabus, and will, during the month of April, reflect on my favorite and/or most striking stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment